Message your Patients in Real Time with HIPAA-Compliant Texting
Use DocStation Conversations to communicate with patients via two-way secure, HIPAA-compliant SMS messaging. Our easy-to-use solution allows users to send encrypted text communications, protect patient data, and provide a higher level of service — all while maintaining HIPAA compliance.
HIPAA-compliant texting for pharmacists is essential for contacting patients while keeping protected health information (PHI) safe and secure.
If you’re using an email inbox to communicate with patients, texting is a viable option that will likely result in faster response and higher engagement. For many pharmacies, patient outreach often starts with a text, making the task of getting to grips with the best HIPAA-compliant text messaging solutions essential.
Why should pharmacists text at all? In addition to following data security best practices for healthcare organizations, HIPAA-compliant texting is the most reliable and effective method in reaching patients.
Why is HIPAA-Compliant messaging important for pharmacies?
2. Avoiding penalties and fines: Failure to comply with HIPAA regulations can result in significant penalties and fines for healthcare providers. These penalties can range from $100 to $50,000 per violation, with a maximum penalty of $1.5 million per year for repeated violations.
3. Maintaining trust and confidence: When healthcare providers demonstrate a commitment to protecting patient privacy and confidentiality, patients are more likely to trust them with their personal information. This can help build stronger relationships between patients and healthcare providers and improve patient satisfaction.
4. Improving efficiency and communication: HIPAA-compliant messaging can improve the efficiency and communication of healthcare providers. By using a secure patient messaging system, healthcare providers can communicate quickly and easily with one another, which can improve patient care and outcomes.
How easy is it to set up?
1. Sign-up for a DocStation Premium account to get access to scheduling & messaging features.
2. Complete the onboarding process with a DocStation expert on our Provider Success team.
3. Import your patient list via direct integration with your pharmacy management system or a secure .csv file upload.
4. Log-in to DocStation and start HIPAA-compliant texting with patients.
5. Send a link for patients to schedule an appointment using the DocStation Scheduling feature.
6. Document the encounter within the patient’s health record.
7. Create and submit a medical claim to earn revenue for the services provided.
How does it work from a patient perspective?
Ready to get started?
Let’s build the future of pharmacy together. Hit us up using one of the links below.